Organize, Move and Delete Window7 Desktop Icons
To arrange icons by name, type, date, or size in window7, follow these steps:
- right click on the blank area on the current window.
- click the command that indicates how you want to arrange the icons(by name, type and etc.).
- if you want the icons to be automatically arranged, you have to click auto arrange.
- if you want to arrange the icons by yourself, you have to click auto arrange to remove the check mark.
- you can arrange the icons by dragging them wherever you want.
Note: some icons are shortcuts to programs on the computer. shortcut icons usually have an arrow in the bottom-left corner.
Delete icon from window7:
- click the delete icon, and then drag it to the recycle Bin.
- this action only removes the shortcut, not the program that it is pointing to.
- Users can also right-click the icon, and then click Delete to remove the icon from their desktop.