Difference Between Solubility and Solubility Product is that Solubility is the property of a substance to dissolve in a solvent and depends on temperature, pressure, and PH while Solubility product is a mathematical derivation of the equilibrium between dissolved and undissolved species of a substance in a solvent and depends on temperature.
- Solubility is the amount of one substance that could dissolve in a solvent to form a saturated solution under specified conditions of temperature and pressure.
- It is measured in the g/dm3 or mol /dm3
- It has no common representation.
- Solubility product is the product of the ionic concentration of the dissolved ions and it varies with the temperature.
- It is measured in mol/dm3 unit which varies with the concentration of ions.
- It is represented by ‘Ksp’.