solubility and solubility product are two distinct entities in chemistry. the basic Difference Between Solubility and Solubility Product is that Solubility is the property of a substance to dissolve in a solvent and depends on temperature, pressure, and PH. it is also known as the ability of liquids, solids, or gases as a solute to dissolve in some solvents to make different solutions while Solubility product is a mathematical derivation of the equilibrium constant between dissolved and undissolved species of a substance in a solvent and depends on temperature. it is the resultant for dissolves solid substances into aqueous solutions which can be denoted by the symbol Ksp.
What is Solubility?
the Property of a solid, liquid or gaseous chemical substance is known as solubility which is always referred to as the solute to dissolve in a solid, liquid, or gaseous solvent. it depends on various properties such as the chemical and physical properties of solvent and solute. solubility also dependent on the temperature and pressure of other resolving chemicals.
we can measure the solubility of any substance dissolved insolvent at its equilibrium state hence the resulting product or substance is called a saturated solution. the ethanol can be soluble in water at any proportion. this property of solutes is called miscibility.
to exceed the equilibrium solubility we need to change various conditions such as temperature, pressure, and concentrations of various chemical substances. the following process and property of solvents is known as a so-called supersaturated solution and is metastable.
it can cause apparent differences in the concentration of chemicals and depends on the size of the particles to the form of crystals.
Key Points in Solubility:
- Solubility is the amount of one substance that could dissolve in a solvent to form a saturated solution under specified conditions of temperature and pressure.
- It is measured in the g/dm3 or mol /dm3
- It has no common representation.
- What is the Solubility Product (Ksp)?
Key Points in Solubility Product:
- Solubility product is the product of the ionic concentration of the dissolved ions and it varies with the temperature.
- It is measured in mol/dm3 unit which varies with the concentration of ions.
- It is represented by ‘Ksp’.