The Major Difference Between Positive Catalyst and Negative Catalyst is that Those substances which increase the rate of a chemical reaction are called positive catalyst while the substances which decrease the rate of a chemical reaction is called Negative Catalyst.
What is a Positive Catalyst?
It has the ability to increase the rate of reaction by decreasing the activation energy.
- A catalyst that increases the rate of a reaction without being used.
- A decreases the Activation energy of reactant molecules.
- It is also called the Promoter.
What is a Negative Catalyst?
conversely, Negative Catalyst has the Ability to decrease the rate of reaction by increasing the activation energy.
- A catalyst that decreases the rate of a reaction without being used.
- It increases the Activation energy of the reactant molecules.
- It is also called Inhibitor.