The tools are used in activities that require mechanical work . All these objects must be applied certain to be able to fulfill their function. Some have improved since their invention, but the dynamics of use are similar to their origin.
Since prehistoric times, human beings began to create tools that would facilitate their performance in hunting, fishing and the rest of obtaining food, as well as the construction of their homes.
One of the big differences between the tools of that time compared to the current ones (besides being very basic and some only sculpted stones) is that a lot of force had to be exerted on the prehistoric tools for them to work as expected.
The men of that era created the first tools in history, whose functions ranged from tearing skins to create clothing to cutting meat to eat.
Depending on their use, the tools can be:
- Cutting : scissors, chisels, etc.
- Assembly: they are used to tighten or loosen elements such as screws.
- Suddenly: the clearest example of this type of tool is the hammer.
- Holding: help to hold objects such as tweezers.
- Of union and measurement: they help to know the dimensions of a space or object.
- Stroke: they are used to mark outlines on planes, for example.
Although they have a concept similar to that of the physical object, the term “tool” is also used to name the non-tangible utilities with which we can do a certain task. For example, email is a communication tool that is not exactly a physical instrument.
Examples of tools
- Burriles: it was a tool made with a sharp end and the other crushed, which had the function of helping in the creation of other more advanced tools.
- Arrowheads: triangular shaped stones were carved, with a shape very similar to how current arrows are.
- Readeras: they were used to carry out various types of scraping.
- Punches: they were carved bones at both ends, one had a sharp point and the other had a shape such that it was easy to hold.
- Axes : made from wooden sticks, a stone in the shape of an amygdaloid tied with strips.
- Scrapers : they were carved flakes that scraped skins, but did not break them, because they did not make them so sharp.
- Pair of scissors
- Threading die
- Cold cutter
- hydraulic jack
- hydraulic lift table