Sedentary people generally avoid exercising of any kind . They prefer to lead a life without hassle, and that can mean anything from simply not taking stairs and preferring the mechanics, to not going to the gym under any circumstances.
Causes of sedentary lifestyle
This lifestyle is closely related to technology. As you progress, there is less need to move from home for shopping, work, and even education. In such a way that, it is not illogical to affirm that technology has increased sedentary lifestyle around the world, about 60% of the world’s population is sedentary , according to the World Health Organization.
It is also possible that due to a physical impairment or a temporary medical condition, people may not be able to walk frequently or exercise as such.
On the other hand, having a particular lifestyle is associated in turn with a sedentary lifestyle, for example, those who work from home or whose position does not require much mobility, but rather to be sitting behind a desk for several hours, perhaps using the computer or monitoring spaces.
Not having physical activity can lead to obesity, since we would be ingesting more calories than we burn.
It can also cause cardiovascular disease.
Increases the chances of some types of cancers.
It can cause depression or its appearance can be a symptom of this disease.
You have up to a 30% chance of premature death.
Muscle aches from lack of activity.
Poor blood circulation.
Dizziness when getting up
Trouble breathing in the ideal way.
Examples of sedentary lifestyle
Next, you will see some habits that stimulate a sedentary lifestyle in people.
- Playing video games for long hours without even getting up.
- Prefer riding a car over walking, even on very short routes.
- Rather take the elevator than go up or down the stairs.
- Working from home in an inappropriate position and not taking breaks to walk or do any other activity.
- Order food from home to avoid going out.
- Being unemployed or on vacation and not doing more than watching television while lying down.