This concept implies an alteration in the environment at various levels, it is also important to point out that said alteration can be produced by voluntary actions of the human being, although they can also be caused by natural phenomena .
The environmental impact implies damage to the health of people and other living beings , pollution of the environment and even those consequences that affect the beauty of a natural environment are considered.
20 Examples of Environmental Impact
- Poaching and loss of biodiversity.
- Air pollution
- Global warming
- Hunting endangered animals
- Noise pollution
- Water pollution from industrial plant waste
- Accidents that cause oil spills
- Oil exploitation
- sewage water
- Sewage treatment
- Urban Development
- Irrigation systems
- Use of alternative energies
- Pollution of the sea due to navigation
Know some types of Environmental Impact
The environmental impact is something that cannot be measured with total precision, this is because every ecosystem and / or environment is complex in itself, but on the other hand, there are organizations such as the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) that totally focus to analyze and issue environmental sustainability reports, so that the various governments of the world take actions to reduce the negative impact on the environment.
This organization originated in the United States in the early 1960s. These are the types of impact:
- Persistent: the actions that are practiced to the environment are long-term and extend over time.
- Temporary: it is the impact that does not generate greater consequence and allows the environment to recover in less time.
- Reversible: the environment can recover over time, this can be short, medium or long term
- Irreversible: the environment cannot recover in any period of time.