Fossil fuels are a non-renewable energy source, since, if their existence is exhausted, millions of years must be waited for this set of organisms to form again. Fossil fuels are used as the main source of energy in the process, such as: electricity, heating, cooking, transportation, among others.
5 Examples of Fossil Fuels
- Oil: A mixture of hydrocarbons and the main source of energy.
- Liquefied petroleum gas: It is used as a domestic fuel. It is obtained through the oil treaty.
- Natural gas: It constitutes a mixture of hydrocarbons in a gaseous state.
- Coal: Represents a class of mineral.
- Tar sands: Formation of organic matter similar to that of oil.