WiFi Tether for Root Users APK
This program enables wifi-tethering for “rooted” handsets.
Clients (your laptop for example) can connect via wifi and get access to the internet using the mobile connection (4G, 3G, 2G) of your phone.
Wifi-tethering creates a so-called Adhoc (peer-to-peer) network on most devices.
Infrastructure mode is supported for a large set of devices.
** PREREQUISITE **
2) Netfilter-enabled kernel (most stock-kernel nowadays come with such a kernel).
** FEATURES **
- Widget-support. One-click enabling/disabling from your home screen.
- Disable tethering after a configurable idle time.
- Access-control feature. Allow/deny clients to use your mobile data connection.
- Wifi-Encryption. 128-bit WEP in general (adhoc). WPA/WPA2 on supported devices (infrastructure-mode).
- Settings for wifi-SSID, wifi-channel, „lan“-network, and more.
- And more …
** TROUBLESHOOTING : wifi tether for root users ***
- On HTC devices with stock ROM, it’s required to enable “Routing fix” from app settings.
- If only certain websites can be opened you might have to enable “MSS Clamping” in-app settings.
- If you notice reboots or if the wifi interface is unusable after tethering UNCHECK the “Force wifi-driver reload”-option in app-setting.
You May Also Like: