Also known as habitat , ecosystems extend throughout the planet and are home to hundreds of organisms that need that environment and the environment needs them to exist.
Components of an ecosystem
- Biotope : refers to the physical place in which the animal and plant species live. They can be seas, rivers, soils, rocks, etc.
- Biocenosis : refers to the inhabitants of the ecosystem: plants, animals , bacteria , fungus , etc.
Ecosystems must also have the following elements:
- Flora and fauna
- Variety of types of soil and presence of water.
- Living beings adapted to the environment.
Types of ecosystems
- Natural : all those that we know that were not created by man, such as forests and seas.
- Artificial : they are created by man to simulate a natural habitat of some species, such as zoos, aquariums, etc.
The most obvious ecosystem we have is the planet itself. It is the general ecosystem that houses other natural environments such as the following.
- Land where it is cultivated
- Raising cattle
- Botanical Garden