There are several types of conductors.
- Metallic conductors: It is part of the group of alloys and metals; They are those that have an electronic conduction due to their free electron charge.
- Electrolytic conductors: They work by ionic type charge transport, through positive and negative ions. The passage of current works in conjunction with the displacement of matter and the chemical reaction .
- Gaseous conductive materials: It is considered as ionized gas that has the ability to conduct electricity.
Characteristics of conductive materials
- Electrical conductivity: It is considered as the ability of certain matter to conduct electricity or electrons through itself.
- Thermal coefficient of resistivity: Quantifies or measures the opposition force of a material against the electrical force.
- Thermal conductivity: It is related to the capacity of the material or substance against heat conductivity.
- Electromotive force: This is the name given to the material device that supplies electrical energy, so it must be able to stimulate the charge through a closed circuit.
- Mechanical resistance: It is the ability to resist a certain force applied to the material or object without it being able to break.
Conductive Materials Example
- Ionized Air
- Pure zinc