When we talk about DNA , we are talking about the macromolecule that forms the basis of heredity. Its acronym stands for deoxyribonucleic acid.
It is a fairly complex protein located in the nucleus of the cell and its existence guarantees the continuity of the genetic material of living beings .
- It is a substance formed by several types of molecules linked together, forming chains.
- Extends and maintains the information corresponding to the individual.
- It transmits the information contained in the DNA .
- The DNA molecule is made up of two chains full of nucleotides.
- It is made up of phosphoric acid, deoxyribose and a nitrogen base composed of: guanine and adenine.
- There are two types of DNA: that which is divided by cellular reproduction and that which is divided by sexual reproduction.
- It contains genetic information.
- With DNA you can perform the paternity test.
- In the links of the chain, the order is exact.
- It has four types of links: adenylic acid, guanylic acid, cytidylic acid and thymidylic acid.